ii last night an mp3 saved my wife

Friday, October 14, 2005


Michael Hurley - I Paint A Design.mp3

Crunching my way through golden leaves that carpet the ground it all comes flooding back... the wife! I used to be married? I haven't seen her in so long, I wonder how she is doing, maybe I will call her tonight? Will she even remember me? Maybe she's found another lover, one more attentive than I, so easily distracted...

The truth is I haven't been listening to as much music as usual, recent events have demanded all my attention (reasons to follow).
Sometimes it happens. Some mornings you can look at your music collection and want to listen to everything, all at the same time and everything you play needs to be turned up that little bit higher "are the neighbours out at work?".
Other times a vast collection offers not one inspiration. The fire and passion of all these creations before you just seem tired as your eyes flick from spine to spine...

I even got to a point where I couldn't even be bothered to wire up the old mp3 player on my daily rounds. My car is a huge speaker on wheels into which I climb and watch the world wizz past as I travel. The sights that roll by may be familiar, but the soundtrack is ever changing, always casting new light on my surroundings.
But recently my soundtrack has been of other car horns, the local louts shouting obscenities at each other across the road, and the stutters and coughs of the decrepit engine.

Michael Hurley may have only just fallen off the homepage but when I have been listening to music recently it has usually been Hurley or Loudon Wainwright III (as well as other new releases that you already know - or download elsewhere). Between them they must have released over 30 albums, and both of these characters have managed to write compelling music across 3 decades.

The last Michael Hurley post (mp3's still available) was from an earlier album, I Paint A Design is taken from Watertower, which is from the 80s, it's one of his more professional in-a-studio recordings. His voice is in great form throughout, as is the songwriting... a good starting point for the uninitiated.
Comments:
Nice blog. I found another site where you can get free MP3 downloads. music program download
 
Hi Thanks for your interesting blog. I also have a blog/site, covering music related stuff. Feel free to visit my music site.
 
Interesting blog. Have you visited blog ping tutorial
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a discount It pretty much covers discount related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
You have an awesome site here! I have a website that may interest you- Cameras with get content such as- Cameras
 
Interesting blog here. See site design for professional web design, hosting, and SEO services.
 
Interesting blog here. See web design for professional web design, hosting, and SEO services.
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a black teesTee site called Holden Tees. We're a small company and we sell shirts and stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time

-Holden Tees
 
nice blog, i will keep coming here for more articles from you.

Web Slide Show
 
Link Trading and 3 way link trading. Now it is hard enough to figure out who you traded with, did the site you trade with count for you or not, then you add in 3 way linking. I think this requires a partnership of sorts. Finding 1 other person to do this with you. Even with 2 people it can get confusing. If you find a great site to add your link to who gets the link posted, etc. seo
 
Hi

Sorry to intrude but I saw your blog, noticed you have anonymous posting enabled and thought you might be interested in this great search engine optimization tool for your blog and website (if you have one) that a techi mate recommended to me. Apparently it's all the rage in the IT arena.

I am involved in affiliate wealthy and I've found the best way of promoting my blogs and websites is The amazing link referral program. Don't worry it is absolutely free to join and you can generate visitors to your site by visiting others. It is really quick and easy to set up and the traffic you generate will help your website increase in google ranking. Give it a go now!!

I have generated amazing traffic from this program - increasing my affiliate sales and cannot recommend this enough. Believe me, if you have tried all the other programs on the market that you have had to pay for then you realise this one is the best - and it's free!!!

Best of luck with the blog!! I hope you get as much out of this program as I have ;-)
 
Good blog and clever to allow anonymous blogging because search engines love more content. I have a blog internet marketing solution and I added a whozontop promotional link. Within no time your blog will shoot up the google rankings and you also get the added benefit of keeping a track on your blog/website visitors. Keep up the good work, Rich.
 
Post a Comment