ii last night an mp3 saved my wife

Monday, September 19, 2005


The Fire Engines - Get Up And Use Me.mp3

Fire Engines, ICA, London, Sat 17th Sept

We were one nation under a groove
For this secret Scottish treasure trove
With a cry of “there’s no bass drum pedal!”
They stuttered, then revved, got spazfunkadelical
Oh use me, use me, use me!
We got up, Henderson got down
Crouched on knees playing the most simply, sublime solos
We were discord dancing around our manbags
Henderson veered from laconic, ironic, enigmatic
To squalling, balling, mesmeric, messianic
I’ve always been quite partial to a small scotch in hoops
And by the end of the intro-instrumental I was hooked
Fired up forty somethings and franzy dan fashionistas
Got frenzied to the frantic, fantastic, funk furore
It was a masterclassical recital
Quite utterly vital
Josef was invoked not once but twice
It was special K class it was knice
A dedication to Edwyn Collins unsettled for a moment
But it was for a new beginning; not a denouement
They never did shed their candy skin
Still anti and awkward and resolute
Seminal yet never the easiest of listens
But how this big gold dream still glistens
What brief mischievery brilliantly done
We counted them down
Eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one
And then there were none
No encore
Gone
And all that remained for some time was a grin
Thank you and good night
We were the Fire Engines...

Billy Bangs
Addressing his postcard to the nation
Comments:
You have an awesome site here! I have a website that may interest you- Automotive with get content such as- Automotive
 
Great site!

Please check out my blog- Sporting Goods

Or your my be interested in my other site- Sporting Goods where you can find Sporting Goods
 
Post a Comment