ii last night an mp3 saved my wife

Wednesday, August 10, 2005


The Undertones - Get Over You.mp3

On the first gig thread ...
In or around 1978, from the mire of terrorism, '1 in 10' unemployment, and (worst of all) 'big haired rock' rose Northern Ireland's finest bog men. Just like me back then, The Undertones knew little and cared even less. They were innocent, straightforward and unpretentious - yet brimming with energy and the unadulterated passion of youth. I was 16. I liked beer, chocolate and girls.

Derry's Undertones were called 'Ireland's 1st punks"- but I never saw them as punks. They just looked like me and my mates; unfashionably normal, non-confrontational, skinny and needle-sharp. I saw them at my first ever gig in '78 and I was simply more hooked than before.

And now, the best part of 30 fuckin' years later, whenever I get to thinking 'how on earth did I get this jaded?' I stick on an Undertones album.

Blah .. blah .. blah ... - paralysis by analysis. I suspect this Blog's average reader age is about 25. You probably glaze over when you see some old gipper bangin' on about a time before you were born? Does anyone relate to this stuff? I notice the comment boxes are also drying up; which either suggests we are moribund, you're all on holiday, or just all-blogged out. (I'm told 1 new Blog starts every second!) Is this overkill - as there seems to be a fair bit of 'blog depression' about?

Anyway, with The Undertones, it was all about the songs. I mean, it's not difficult - just crank up the volume, smile, leap around and listen!
Click me to buy.
Comments:
Great site!

Please check out my blog- Radar Detectors

Or your my be interested in my other site- Radar Detectors where you can find Radar Detectors
 
Great site!

Please check out my blog- Handheld Pcs

Or your my be interested in my other site- Handheld Pcs where you can find Handheld Pcs
 
Post a Comment