ii last night an mp3 saved my wife

Monday, May 16, 2005


Lyle Lovett - Stand By Your Man.mp3

While from the outset Lyle Lovett sounded like a hard artist to pigeonhole, his sponsors at Curb Records and MCA Records seemed determined to sell him as a country artist, though the blues and retro-jazz leanings of Lovett's second album, Pontiac, suggested that strategy would only be practical for so long. With his third album, 1989's Lyle Lovett and His Large Band, Lovett seemingly sidelined any career aspirations as a mainstream country act he or his handlers may have held.

Stand By Your Man is quite an inspirational cover and only really works because of Lyle's dead pan style, I think if he had tried to add a comedic tinge or had chosen any other way it would have fallen some what flat. However because Lyle has such a unique flavour and certain charm he preforms this cover perfectly and I think this is probably one of most inspired and best cover versions I can think of. Click me to buy.
Comments:
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Flatware It pretty much covers Flatware related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
You have an awesome site here! I have a website that may interest you- Playstation 2 with get content such as- Playstation 2
 
Post a Comment