ii last night an mp3 saved my wife

Tuesday, May 24, 2005


Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit.mp3

Here are a few Interesting facts about White Rabbit you might not know....
White Rabbit was written by Grace Slick, who based the lyrics on Lewis Carroll's book Alice In Wonderland. Like many young musicians in San Francisco, Slick did a lot of drugs. She saw lots of drug references in Carroll's book, including the pills, the smoking caterpillar, the mushroom, and lots of other images that are generally trippy. She noticed that lots of children's' stories involve a substance of some kind that alters reality, and felt it was time to write a song about it.
Slick wrote and performed this when she was in a band called The Great Society, she also wrote "Somebody To Love," before she joined Jefferson Airplane in 1966 both tracks went on to be hugely successful. Slick got the idea for the track after taking a lot of trips and spending hour upon hour listening to the Miles Davis album Sketches Of Spain. The Spanish beat she came up with was also influenced by Ravel's "Bolero."

I hadn't heard this song for years then last week I went to see the stage production "Blue Man Group" which prompted me to use this track as it brought back a lot of memories for me. I used to listen to Airplane a lot when I was a teenager and I think this song is a great representation of the feeling of isolation and segregation that you generally feel when you are teenager still growing up. The whole trippy affair can be related to by teenagers from all around the world no matter what decade you grew up in, that is what makes it such an all time classic masterpiece.

Another Interesting fact is that drummer Spencer Dryden was Charlie Chaplin's nephew, God rest his soul. Click here to Buy.
Comments:
Great site!

Please check out my blog- Tools

Or your my be interested in my other site- Tools where you can find Tools
 
You have an awesome site here! I have a website that may interest you- Cameras with get content such as- Cameras
 
Post a Comment