ii last night an mp3 saved my wife

Thursday, May 05, 2005


Candy Flip - Strawberry Fields.mp3

CANDY FLIP!!! FLIPPING CANDY!!! Strawberry Fields has he gone mad I here you all cry. Well actualluy YES I think I have, probably not the greatest cover version I have ever heard although to me this song epitomizes the 90s as an era. Strawberry Fields is the beatles classic that embodies the psychodelic culture of love, peace, sex, drugs and of course rock 'n' roll of the 60s which my mum was always harping on about.

I believe th 90s was actually a parody of the 60s with the warehouse parties and open air raves getting in to full swing, a new craze swept across the nation with everybody popping pills and getting down to DJ's just as much as they was in to bands. A new feeling of love had arrived and I embraced it with both hands, not since the 60s had the nation experienced such sexual energy and we were again free to experiment and explore and this time I was part of the revolution, this was my time, this time it was personal and I was a man on a mission.

Candy Flip's "Strawberry Fields" links the 60s to the 90s as they both capture the essence of the times, it might not be the greatest however it represents my teenage years and a time when clubbing and pulling was the only two thoughts that occupied my mind. Ahh the Soup Dragons whatever happend to them eh! 90s was a great time for music with bands like the Happy Mondays, Stone Roses & Inspiral Carpets to name a few...........but I guess you can say that about any decade as they are all full with little gems and golden nuggets, as you filter away through the years it easier to spot the greats and leave the shit behind. Buy this track here.
Comments: Post a Comment