ii last night an mp3 saved my wife

Thursday, May 12, 2005


Babe Ruth - wells fargo.mp3

On the credits for their 1972 debut album, First Base, Jennie Hann's contribution is listed as "vocal power". Her explosive performance on opening track Wells Fargo reveals why.

If you are familiar with Babe Ruth already, then it's likely that you have probably heard "The Mexican" which was a staple in Grandmaster Flash's DJ set and has subsequently shown up on countless hip hop mix CD's and comps. With good reason, as it is funky as hell, but it's strange to think of those British prog rock guitars blasting out at those early hip hop parties, I mean just look at the band!
Initially I was going to post their cover of Zappa's King Kong from the album. It has a similar groove to The Mexican (maybe next week?) but it's an instrumental so you wouldn't get to hear Jennie Hann belting it out. It gets me all nervous when I listen to her vocal, at times I feel like the little old lady in the Aphex Twin video Come To Daddy.
When I first heard The Mexican I assumed that it was a man singing, I think I had a picture of Jon Anderson in my mind. Something that was probably subconsciously planted after seeing the cover art of First Base which was created by Roger Dean of the Yes covers fame.

There is a rumour that the band are back together and recording again this year.
If you want more Babe Ruth info click here.
(click here to buy from AmazonUK)
Comments:
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a penis enlargement reviews site. It pretty much covers penis enlargement reviews related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Think that will drive you some extra traffic?
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Digital Cameras It pretty much covers Digital Cameras related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a dropship It pretty much covers dropship related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Post a Comment