ii last night an mp3 saved my wife

Saturday, April 09, 2005


Antony And The Johnsons - my lady story.mp3

Next week sees the start of Antony And The Johnsons European tour with dates in Rotterdam and London on the 15th and 16th respectively. I haven't seen Antony live yet, but hear that the emotional power that he generates on stage is tenfold when compared to his recordings. I find that hard to comprehend as this years album I Am A Bird Now is one of those albums that is so hauntingly beautiful and compelling that it is a listening experience that music lovers spend years searching for. Not since Jeff Buckley's Grace, has an album affected me so profoundly.

A lot has been written about Antony and his background in Cabaret, but at the bottom of this page you can stream 27 minutes of interview and live clips [quicktime] where he talks about his formative musical and life experiences, and explains that it is the music where his heart is truly at. On the same page you can also hear edits of tracks from all his recordings dating back to 2000.
(click here to buy I Am A Bird from AmazonUK)
Comments: Post a Comment