ii last night an mp3 saved my wife

Friday, December 17, 2004


Labi Siffre - I Got The (Blues).mp3

"I Got The" from his 1975 album Remember My Song received a modicum of fame decades after its release when its funky piano hook was sampled in Eminem's 1999 debut single "My Name Is." The openly gay singer has made quite a cult following with his distinctive high pictched voice and thought provoking lyrics. Writing mainly about homophobia and racism siffre's biggest hit was in 1987 with the classic song So Strong which reached number 4 in the UK charts, the song also brought to light the issues in south africa with the apartheid. Aim of the apartheid was to maintain white domination while extending racial separation. Siffre has also written 3 books of poetry and some works for stage that are worth checking out, to purchase the track click here.
Comments: Post a Comment